Friday, February 27, 2009

MS Weekend

GH and I are leaving this afternoon to travel to Fort Smith, AR. We are participating in a National MS Society workshop for couples dealing with multiple sclerosis, titled "Eight Hours to Lifetime of Relationship Satisfaction." Here is a link to the info.

I think this will be fun and informative. I even convinced my parents to join us there. Although it may be a little weird if the conversations turn to more intimate matters. ;)

On an unrelated note, I am on day three of my Lenten journey to stop smoking. I have not had a cigarette since Tuesday night and I have yet to kill anyone. I have been using nicotine gum to help with the cravings, but OMG, I have been eating everything that isn't nailed down! I did OK on Wednesday, because I was fasting Catholic-style (which means one full meal, two smaller meals and no snacking in-between). But yesterday? Frightening. Please send prayers, positive thoughts, whatever you subscribe to, for me during this test of willpower.

The thing that makes it most difficult is that GH is still smoking, although I hope he will quit soon. It would make things much easier!

I will post about the seminar upon my return. Have a great weekend, faithful readers!

Peace,
Kelley

No comments: